Code of Conduct
All Chanel College students playing sport are expected to abide by normal school rules and adhere to the code of conduct below:
- Fully commit to your team. This means attending all meetings, trainings and games.
- If unable to play or attend training, inform your coach personally. Students are not to send messages via other students; they must make every effort to contact their coach or the sports department directly.
- Always play fair (following the Fairplay charter on the back of the booklet)
- Make your best effort when playing and training
- Display a positive attitude
- Be on time with all the required equipment. All players must wear the correct sports uniform at matches.
- There is to be no association with or the taking of drugs, solvents, tobacco or alcohol at playing areas or at any sporting fixture or tournament.
PARENTS, CAREGIVERS AND SUPPORTERS:
We ask all Chanel sports team supporters to follow the guidelines below and encourage a healthy sporting environment:
- Encourage my child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions
- Teach my child to respect the efforts of their opponents
- Remember that children learn best by example so I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents
- Give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort
- Support my child’s efforts and performance
- Thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for my child
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
I will not…….
- Pressure my child in any way – I know that this is their game not mine
- Arrive at the venue intoxicated or drink alcohol at matches
- Use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators
- Criticise or ridicule my child’s performance after the game.